Players Needed for the 2022 Mudville Baseball NW Season
Seeking Players for the 2022 Mudville Baseball NW Team!
Our team has a strong returning core of underclassman players for the 2022 season. As with every year, our club matriculates approximately half our roster, as our players move on to their post-high school endeavors. We will be infilling with a mix of underclassman and seniors who have the strongest desires to be a better baseball player through work ethic and exceptional life skills.
Mudville Baseball NW has one team that competes at the 18U level. Our coaching staff of six experienced high-school, college level and USA Baseball coaches support this team. We seek a balance team of players, including underclassman. No underclassman is asked to leave; they remain with the team which brings continuity throughout their select years. The players eventually become the leaders of the club, an extension of the coaching staff.
- We need a mix of underclassman infielders, outfielders, and a front-line catcher (2022 to 2024 HS Grad year).
- We need pitchers and/or pitcher-only (2022 to 2025 HS Grad year). Our club is well-known for our extensive pitching and catching mentoring & development.
Mudville History & Overview
Mudville is a 501.c.3 not-for-profit organization developing young student-athletes through the game of baseball.
The 2022 campaign is Mudville Baseball NW’s 23rd season. With exception of American Legion clubs, we believe only one other King County-based club has a longer, continuous tenure than ours. We were founded in 1999 by the same coaching staff that exists today.
Our staff has been created and in cooperation with our families. Mudville continues to create a safe and competitive environment to learn and play the game. With a projected 60+ games scheduled for the 2021 season (up from a league leading 30 games during the 2020 CV-19 season), Mudville provides a well-organized, managed and college prep environment while remaining competitive at a regional and national level.
Mudville has competed at 3 consecutive CABA Western Woodbat Nationals, a feeder to the oldest running youth national championship, the Connie Mack World Series held annually in Farmington, NM. As with previous seasons, our club has developed numerous players who have and will compete at the next level. We work endlessly to help place your student-athlete to an appropriate school with our veteran coaching staff of six.
Our current club has players committed to schools from D1-D3, NAIA and JC, including the 2018 D1 National Champions Oregon State University, Washington State University, the US Naval Academy, National JUCO’s & NWACC and numerous other schools. 13 Mudville players have been drafted in our 20-year history in MLB’s 1st Year Player Draft. (Check out our alumni slider feature that highlights our players who have moved to the next level on our ‘Welcome Page’ by clicking on the M9 logo at the top left corner of our site.)
We are seeking outstanding student-athletes who are great teammates, accountable, coachable, driven to play at the next level, willing to learn and improve in the game of baseball. Do you want to wear the golden helmet? This is what you need to do.
What You Need to Do?
- Register online at the top of our home page, https://mudville9.org/register/. This registration comes to our GM/Manager.
- Beginning July 1st, 2021, call GM/Manager Kurt Boyd at 206-660-7189 to arrange for a “By Appointment Only” 1-hour intake meeting with each player and parents, links, video of your play, and personal references of your character and abilities.
- There are no ‘open’ tryouts as almost all of our players are confidentiality referred to our club, or recruited by our current, former players/families and our staff. All you have to do is pick-up the phone and talk to the coaches!